Monday, August 28, 2006

First Video Conference

Other than one brief lost connection, my first personal video conference with Ron went smoothly. It is much more personal and effective to see the face of the person you are communicating with. I am curious to see how the same technology will be used in the context of a jury. I think that because of the barrier between professor/juror and student, much more emphasis will be placed on communicating through drawings, diagrams, and models rather than verbal explanation, which should be a good way to improve the clarity in my work.

During the conference, I was encouraged to use images, rather than text and single pictures, to speculate and propose ideas for the precedents I have chosen. As suggested, I will experiment with collages and simple drawings using Photoshop and Google Earth to attempt this.

No comments: